I present to you, Exhibit A.
I found these all over the rails. To say Mama was not impressed is an understatement.
I decided then and there it was time to make the rail protectors. I used a fleece blanket that we were given at the hospital. It was an odd size and the two sides never stayed tied together. We never used it. Perfect for this project.
Armed with the blanket and this tutorial, I got started (while Abby waited in the Exersaucer type thing for her nap). Obviously, because I was cutting up a blanket and trying to hurry for nap time, I didn't do things exactly the same way.
Here you will see Abby modeling her new crib accessory.
I do wish I had cut that one strip of blue a little bit wider. But it still does the job, even if it does look messy. And while I may not be a fan of the ducks, it works and it was free. My only regret is that I didn't do this before Abby did her best impression of a beaver.